Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Review: Layers of the Past


Layers of the Past
Layers of the Past by AlTonya Washington

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Altonya Washington blew me away with this story. It has all the makings of a movie… love, sensuality, steamy sex with a touch of mystery.

Kamari and Huron are a couple who has everything stacked against them including secrets. As we know, secrets can destroy any relationship but it brought this couple closer together. Huron is very protective of the love of his life and will stop at nothing to protect her as he knows his past will catch up to him sooner or later. Will he be able to protect her from his demons? Will Kamari stick around after Huron’s secrets are revealed?

This story will take you on a roller coaster as you try to keep us with the constant drama unfolding. As a standalone (since I have not read the first book, Layers), the characters were well developed. I knew the depth of each character’s personality and could relate to their emotions as they went through the trials and tribulations.

Great job and I will be going back to the read Layers.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment