Friday, March 20, 2015

BLOG SPOTLIGHT: Vanessa Santiago-Jerman

Can you please tell us who is Vanessa, the author?
I am a mom, wife and grandmother who has a passion for writing to educate, entertain and inspire children.


Since your previous work was a poetry book, what was your inspiration behind your children's books?
Well I would say it was looking back to when my kids were babies. I read to them every night. I felt like that connection with parents and children has been lost and it needs to come back via story time. Not to mention, more diverse books are definitely needed.



What do you wish more people knew about the publishing side of things?
I tried going through a publisher and it wasn't a good experience for me. I feel that although publishing works well for some, I choose to self publish my own work and cut the middle man.


What would you consider your greatest accomplishment?
My greatest accomplishment is my children. As an Author it's just seeing the response I get from my supporters. I love my supporters.


Do you have a philosophy by which you live?
I have a scripture which I live by. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me. It keeps me motivated and encouraged to follow my dreams.


What type of legacy would you like to leave for your readers?
I would love to leave behind a collection if books that will be around for generations to come. I would love to be known as an advocate for childhood literacy.


How important was a "platform" in selling your books?
I feel that using a platform is very helpful as it puts me in front if many people at once but I will never use that as the only source if exposure. I talk to people wherever I go, I share my business cards, bookmarks and make connections. Also word of mouth has been wonderful in helping me sell my books and share what I do.


Do you have any book signings coming up where readers can meet you?
I will be at the ladies night in Brooklyn event April 18, 2015 5-10pm. I will also be at the book fair hosted by Author Sharnel on June 20th in Newark NJ.


Can you tell us about your upcoming project(s)?
I have 5 books that are due to release April through June 2015. I have been working hard.


What is the one material thing you can't live without and why?
I would say my cell phone because it's how I stay connected to my supporters, network and stay organized.


SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
 
 
 
Author Vanessa Santiago-Jerman VSJ, is a mother, wife and grandmother. Her love for writing began at the early age if 8 years old. Her early writings were mostly poetry and short stories. Her love for kids has moved her passion into writing for children, this is where she is the happiest.





11 comments:

  1. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to share what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her books are an inspiration for all ages :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. I strive to bring either a lesson, and experience or some type of value to my readers in each book. :)

      Delete
  3. Loved reading about how passionate, creative, talented and a hard worker you are. So proud of what you have accomplished and looking forward to seeing all of your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Irisjazmin. My passion is what keeps me motivated to continue. I love writing for children.

      Delete
  4. Loved reading about how passionate, creative, talented and a hard worker you are. So proud of what you have accomplished and looking forward to seeing all of your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would recommend Vsj's books .. i for one find them to be so inspiring. Great reading for all ages. Kudos to Vanessa Santiago-Jerman. Wishing her much success.
    Pam Beck
    Event Planner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I appreciate you and Thank you for your kind words and for keeping me focused on my vision, by showing such a great level of support.

      Delete
  6. First two words that come to mind... "Phenominal Woman!!" A few others include talented, gifted, family-oriented, determined, humble...

    ReplyDelete