Friday, June 5, 2015

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT: Princess Diamond


Today, we welcome Princess Diamond to the 10/10 Author Spotlight seat.

Can you please tell us who is Princess Diamond?
I’m just a regular girl from Chicago, who has lived through the stuggles of inner city life. I love to read as well as write. Sometimes I read more than I write. I love to shop, get manicures and pedicures, go to the movies, play video games, and spend time with family. Most importantly, I go to church and try my best to put God first. 


What was your inspiration behind your first book?
What people would be surprised to know is Put My Name On It would be my first book. Even though, I put it out as my third piece of work. It was inspired by a male friend. He challenged me to write him a short story and that’s what I came up. 


What do you wish more people knew about the publishing side of things?
It’s not as easy as it may seems. There are so many facets that go into putting a book out. From the person who wrote the book to the person who designed the cover to the editors and the marketing team. Often times, some or all of those hats are worn by the same person. Then, once your book is released to the world, you are critiqued about everything. Authors have to have tough skin.


What would you consider your greatest accomplishment?
Each new book that I put out is my greatest accomplishment. For me, that’s what it’s all about. The writing.


Do you have a philosophy by which you live?
Yes. Stay humble and thankful. 


What type of legacy would you like to leave for your readers?
Just great books that people love.


How important was a "platform" in selling your books?
It’s very important. Having a platform makes advertising and connecting with readers simpler. Basically, we can reach more people in less amount of time.


Do you have book signings coming up where readers can meet you?
No. Not yet. Maybe in the future. 


Can you tell us about your upcoming project(s)?
My next book which comes out in June. Vacation Breakup (Vacation Series Book 3).


What keeps you motivated?
I consider my ability to write a gift. Therefore, I’m always passionate about it, which keeps me highly motivated. Also, I think reading a lot helps too.





Excerpt of Vacation Backlash (Vacation Series Book 2)

Stoney has a bad feeling about leaving Vanity at the airport. He has a good right to be. Ivan is in a terrible mood when he finally decides to shows up. His mouth is real slick and he doesn’t seem to have a filter. Pissing people off appeared to be his mission. Although, Ivan is glad to see his wife, he is livid. Be-tween the pictures with another man on social media and the money missing out of their bank account, he is ready to put his hands on her.
Things get progressively worse when Ivan catches Vanity texting Stoney while they are in the car. That is when he finds out Vanity actually cheated on him. Up until this point, he thought she was just trying to make him jealous. Revealing her infidelity sends him over the edge into a fit of rage. He is heartbroken and intends on making Vanity suffer. Not only does he take his anger out on her, but he also comes face to face with Stoney in a very heated exchange. A confrontation that sparks a whole new set of problems that nobody saw coming.
During Ivan’s downward spiral, he doesn’t realize what he has gotten himself into or who he is about to go up against. However, his bruised ego won’t allow him to let it things go.
Chasing a destructive path, Ivan doesn’t care if he is out numbered. He is willing to die trying to get revenge. Luckily, he ends up befriending the right person. Someone who is just as hurt as he is. Someone who is scorned and wants to see Vanity and Stoney pay for their actions too.



Author Princess Diamond writes Urban Drama, Urban Romance, and Urban Erotic Fiction. She started writing at the age of eight as a hobby and continued to write throughout high school, undergraduate, and graduate school. She took courses in erotica, fiction, screen writing, and editing. After writing passionately for decades, she decided to start her own publishing company called Fiction World Publishing and share her work with the world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment