Monday, May 30, 2016

Review: Close Quarters: A Novel

Close Quarters: A Novel Close Quarters: A Novel by Shamara Ray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sometimes your mind and your heart are on two different wavelengths. Melina Bradford and Malik Denton have a platonic relationship and they just so happen to also be roommates. Neither one of them has an interest in being more than that. Melina is engaged to Ellison Harlow and Malik does not want to be tied down by any one woman until his colleague, Kai enters the picture. In Kai, Malik realizes that all that glitters isn’t gold.

As time goes on, Melina and Malik questions their views on each other and their own relationships. Will they find out the characteristics they hate about each other is what is going to draw them to each other? Does an emotional connection overrule financial stability?

This novel has more twists and turns than a rollercoaster. I actually found myself wondering what I would do if I was Melina. The characters are well developed and you will see yourself in one of the characters.

Great read and I look forward to picking up the other books by the author.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment