Friday, May 24, 2013

Interview with Author Chyna Sallier

Chyna Sallier,established October 19, 1979. Born and raised in Compton, California. She is the CEO of Queen C's Publishing and the Publisher/Author of her Urban short story "Hood Girlz". As a teenager, Chyna discovered her God gifted talent in writing; it started from her writing her feelings on note pads, which led to writing raps and poems. Now she is Writing and Publishing books. She is creating Real Urban/Erotic Street Novels, Short Stories, and Poems. 


  She has no intentions on stopping at "Hood Girlz” Her love for Literature has driven her to persevere through life's challenges and meet her goal of writing and Publishing a multitude of artistic expressions. 

As a devoted wife, loving mother, author, entrepreneur, and student, she manages to wear all hats successfully. Chyna is a strong Black Woman that loves to empower and encourage women through her positive influences. She is a role model for our youth living the lifestyles that she writes about, she encourages youth in the hood not to settle for less. One of her philosophies is that; even though you go through struggles in life, don't give up; push to be your best in anything you put your mind to.



Can you please tell us a little about yourself?
I am the CEO and Founder of Queen C's Publishing, and the Author of the book titled "Hood Girlz" I am a strong black woman that strives for nothing but the best; a loving and hard working mother and wife, that continues to push for success.


What inspired you to write your first book?
From seeing and going through so much in life; I was inspired by life to write my first book. I been writing since my teenage years; writing poems and raps. I always wrote for self pleasure, I really didn't realize that I had it in me until I got older. I wanted to bring my writing out to the world and do more with it, so, I also inspired and challenged myself to write my first book.


What do you wish more people knew about the publishing side of things?
Publishing is not an easy job; it takes a lot of hard work, dedication, and motivation.


How do up with your titles?
My titles randomly comes to me; once I start writing, that's when my titles come to me.


What author(s) has influenced your writing style?
I actually have my own writing style, and have influenced myself.


For your first book, how long did it take you to find an agent?
My first book, I did not have an agent. I published and did everything on my own.


How important was a "platform" in selling your books?

It was extremely important and challenging because, I had no agent, and didn't know too much about the Publishing/Literacy world. Starting out on my own, I learned that I had to start and build my own platform and make myself heard.


Do you have book signings coming up where readers can meet you?
At the moment I don't have any book signings coming up. But, I do have part 2 of Hood Girlz coming out this Summer 2013; I will keep everyone updated. If anyone want to stay in the know check the website randomly: HTTP://WWW.chynasallier.com


Can you tell us about your upcoming project(s)?
Yes, I have three projects I am working on that will be out this year; "HOOD GIRLZ 2 authored by myself", "Have Heart Have Money authored by Travon Pugh", and "Hot-n-Candy authored by D.L. Mims.


What advice do you have to an aspiring author?
My advice is for them to take their time, pace their selves, and do plenty research. Also, don't be afraid to put your work out thinking nobody will like it; do it anyway because, everybody is not going to like everything you do.



 
Growing up in Compton, raised by a single mother and no father, Desti'ne became familiar with struggling at a very young age.
  As a teen, she and her closest friends grew to understand that MONEY is absolutely necessary for survival. By any and all means, Money is a must.
  But more than they realize, money is the line between LOYALTY and BETRAYAL.
Racing through life and jumping over every obstacle in her path due to her ability to use her "STREETS SMARTS" to get by, while at the same time gaining knowledge to make herself a better person and give herself a better life.


To contact Author Chyna Sallier:

HTTP://WWW.chynasallier.com
HTTP://www.facebook.com/chynahoodgirlz
http://WWW.chynaurbanworld.blogspot.com
HTTP://WWW.twitter.com/QueenCsPub




 








 




No comments:

Post a Comment