Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Review: One Family's AIDS


One Family's AIDS
One Family's AIDS by J'son M. Lee

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Mr. Lee gives a thought-provoking awareness to two taboo subjects in the African-American community: HIV and homosexuality. The story takes you on the journey of a highly successful, educated young man named Gene McCoy who has been diagnosed with HIV. As Gene takes you through his thoughts and feelings of his diagnosis, you will also get family members' viewpoints.

As I read this short story, I cried. Gene is every homosexual and/or HIV/AIDS person in America. The grim reality of how we as a society deal with those who have been diagnosed with the disease along with homosexuality is an eye opener. No one should feel less than a person. Everyone needs love and support regardless if we agree with their lifestyle or not. I lost a family member to AIDS and I clearly remember how he was talked about at the funeral. People never ceases to amaze me with their ignorance. A person should not have to live in shame and fear.

I applaud Mr. Lee for bringing awareness to the African American community and society as a whole. Great job!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment