Monday, January 27, 2014

Chatting it up with Author Saundra


  Can you please tell us a little about yourself.
          My name is Saundra I am married with two kids and I work for a government agency. I have been writing since I was younger so in 2010 I decided to self-publish my first novella tilted “Owing Up”. In 2012 I signed with Delphine Publications.
    
      What inspired you to write your first book?
          My first love was writing screen plays and one day I had this idea for a play and I decided to turn it into a book. Beside that I’m an avid reader of several genres.

What do you wish more people knew about the publishing side of things?
          That’s a good question because there is a lot to learn. I think people should know there is a lot more to it then getting nice book covers sticking a price on it and putting it out there. People should know more about the editing side and promotion. Those to me are key factors.

How did you come up with your titles?
          My titles come to me through my material however, once I come up with a title I discuss them with my publisher to see if it’s a good fit. Because a title is not just a title it sometimes determines if a reader will even pick up the book.

What author(s) has influenced your writing style?
          Well, I read a lot of different type of books I write street lit and romance but I’m a J California Cooper, and Mary Monroe type reader. And while there books might not have inspired the books I write. They have inspired me to be a writer and use my creativity to create memorable situations and characters in my books.

For your first book, how long did it take you to find an agent?
          At this time I do not have an agent I’m signed to a publishing company.


How important was a "platform" in selling your books?
         A platform was very important because I knew that a platform would be my
      stability in the writing world. My publishing company also helped me understand the importance of it. You have to know from the time you start where you are going to end up it signifies you have stable goals and will lead you to success.

Do you have book signings coming up where readers can meet you?
          This year I will be signing copies of all five of my books in Chicago, Cincinnati, Dayton  Milwaukee,  and Indianapolis.

Can you tell us about your upcoming project(s)?
          Forbidden my fourth novel was just released January 21, 2014 after that I have Her Sweetest Revenge 3 being released in the spring.

What advice do you have for an aspiring author?
          For all aspiring authors I say do your researches on the writing business before you get out there. There are so many ends out and challenges. And you must have some knowledge and please know that you will have to work just as hard as a publisher or agent to get your work out there. It’s a lot of work but worth it.

 
 
  Book Purchase Links:
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment