Monday, September 30, 2013

REVIEW: Bona Fide Hustler by Caleb Devine

Congratulations to Caleb Devine on the release of his debut novel.

In this novel, Caleb takes you on his journey from childhood until he is released from prison. He was raised by his grandmother until she passed as his mom was in the streets doing her thing and disappearing for days and weeks at a time. Being the oldest and having three siblings, he was forced to hit the streets to make money. This book will make you cry as you feel the pain of the abuse and neglect and other times, you will be like "damn" as it does get raw and gritty.

Caleb takes you through the drug life to the pimp life to the jail life all in the 136 pages of his book. I don't think there is anything that Caleb has not been through which is why I think it is important to let the youth read his book. I think even some inmates will benefit from reading his story and how he overcame obstacles that would cause others to be dead or jailed for life.

I rate this book 4 stars as it does become a bit wordy but I enjoyed the storyline. I look forward to reading more works by this author.

http://www.amazon.com/Bona-Fide-Hustler-ebook/dp/B00FBSY80O

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm Minolta. I review books and I found your blog through Paulette for the upcoming tour for Yvette Tatum, Just wanted to connect with you and offer my support of your growing blog. I've followed your blog, please return the favor. Feel free to connect with me else where as well. Happy reading and blogging!!

    http://whiteminolta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete