Monday, March 10, 2014

BOOK TOUR: Not My Will by Khara Campbell


Not My Will Book Tour

This week Khara new book will be released and she is also giving away her book on Goodreads. 
Title: Not My Will
Author: Khara Campbell
Publisher: Delphine










Having hooked up with her boyfriend Ty the same night they met in a club, two years ago, Virtue now wants to put a hold on their sexual relationship, but she's not sure how Ty will take it. Their    relationship started with sex from day one so she's unsure of how to break the news to him. Erika, Virtue's best friend from childhood, thinks Virtue is stupid for to force  her man to quit having sex. She warns Virtue that she may push Ty into the arms and legs of another woman. While on her self-discovery, Virtue meet Terrance, a new confidant who is everything she wishes Ty would be: a godly man for one. But she will find out that sometimes her will is not the best.











1. What is your inspiration as a writer?

My faith is my inspiration for pretty much everything that I do, so that would include writing. I've always had a desire to write since I can remember being a little girl. I'm thankful that I didn't give up on my dream, it's so awesome to be releasing my debut novel-one of many.



2. How hard is to gain a following when you are a Urban Christian Writer?

I'm still in the process of doing this since this is my first novel. However I've been opening up myself and sharing bits of who I am on social media along with writing my blog post which has been helpful so far in gaining followers. I've realized that people like to know the person behind  the products more than the product itself.



3. What motivates you to write?

Live motivates me. I like to write about real life situations, fictional of course, but real enough for readers to connect with some of the characters.



4. What do you want reader's to take away from Not My Will?

Not My Will is fictional, however it is inspired by a similar situation I faced like the main character Virtue. Virtue struggles in her  faith by wanting to abstain from sex with her boyfriend, however there are many other struggles that we all face in our lives. Virtue clearly is not perfect in this novel, like we all are imperfect, but she is looking to God to help her overcome that particular struggle. Like Virtue we are all faced with struggles, tragedies, fears, death whatever it may and the only place we can get help is from God. Everyday is a day to surrender our will and allow God's will to be done.





5. What can the reader's expect from you in the near future?

I'm already working on my second novel which I am very excited about. The main character gets some life changing news from her dying mother. I think there are many people that unfortunately are faced with family secrets that can either destroy them or make them stronger-depending on which way they allow the news to carry them.






 


Khara Campbell holds a Bachelors of Fine Arts Degree in Creative Writing from Midland Lutheran University. She is an online contributor for The Praying Woman which many of her post have went viral on social media; also Black Literature Magazine and The Literary Network. She was born and raised in Nassau, The Bahamas. She resides in the Washington, DC metro area with her husband and their three young children. Not My Will is her debut novel.




                                              Amazon








don't forget to enter the contest to win her new novel.




No comments:

Post a Comment