Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Review: The Witness Wore Red: The 19th Wife Who Brought Polygamous Cult Leaders to Justice


The Witness Wore Red: The 19th Wife Who Brought Polygamous Cult Leaders to Justice
The Witness Wore Red: The 19th Wife Who Brought Polygamous Cult Leaders to Justice by Rebecca Musser

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



When I first started reading this book, I had no idea what to expect. I had seen Rebecca and her husband on Dr. Phil’s show discussing the book and was given the opportunity to review it. Once I opened the book and started reading Rebecca Musser’s story, the pain of every word was evident.

Rebecca’s journey from living in fear daily to religious and sexual slavery to one of determination and triumph. When she thought all was good, she was pulled back in. It was like there was no escape for her. This book was not written to trash Mormons, it is simply one lady’s story. Call it what you want but these people were living in a “cult like” environment with human sex trafficking. The temple was set up for these pedophiles, Jeffs and family, to use these young girls for their own sexual pleasure. The physical abuse that was encountered made me sick to my stomach. I don’t want to give spoilers but I must give an example, imagine being beaten to a point your kidney is rupture.

Although the author steers away from a lot of the explicit details, when the investigation began, to understand what those women went through, it had to be told in order to understand the severity of the situation.

I must say Rebecca is a brave woman who did any and everything to protect the FLDS’s youth including her siblings. The details were very descriptive and the plot was easy to follow. She is an inspiration to all on not giving up and doing what you have to do even when it goes against the grain.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment