Tuesday, June 10, 2014

BLOG SPOTLIGHT: Forever an Ex by Victoria Christopher Murray

Can you please tell us who is the person behind the pen.
There's no secret person.  I'm a woman who loves The Lord, her family, and friends.  I'm fiercely loyal and I try my best to help people without asking for anything in return.  I pray that I live with the heart of Christ.  I love to read, write, work-out, hang-out. I believe I'm living an incredible life.


What is your greatest achievement?
My greatest achievement is that I'm a published author.  Something I've wanted to do my entire life, and I'm doing it.  That is pretty darn incredible.


What do you wish more people knew about the publishing side of things?
That it's not as simple nor as easy as sitting down and putting words on paper. It takes so much work.  And I wish people understood that the writer has very little to do with the actual book if the writer is published by a traditional writer.  The publisher has final say on title, cover design, and sometimes will ask for the writer to pen the novel in a certain manner.   


What is your greatest fear?
Dying alone.


What author(s) has influenced your writing style? 
I don't know about influencing my writing style, because each author has their own writing style. But, I will say that Eric Jerome Dickey has helped me to improve my craft.  Not only as we talk to each other, but I read his novels like they're the encyclopedia of writing.  When I write with my writing twin, ReShonda Tate Billingsley, her writing challenges me to write better as well.


What type of legacy would you like to leave for your readers? 
The legacy that I would like to leave with my readers is that every novel I ever wrote, I gave it my best at that point of my career. I really would like to be known as a writer who was at the top of her craft game with every single book.  Though I write commercial fiction, in terms of books that I hope will be popular, I really hope that I will be known as a literary-commercial writer, if there is such a thing.


How important was a "platform" in selling your books?
Because I write fiction, a platform is not really necessary to write my novels. Though many of my novels do tackle current issues that are in the news.  


Do you have book signings coming up where readers can meet you? 
My summer tour promoting my new book, Forever An Ex will kick off very soon. In the coming weeks, you'll be able to get that information from my website www.victoriachristophermurray.com


Can you tell us about your upcoming project(s)? 
I have three projects coming up that I'm very, very excited about.  My June release, Forever an Ex really tackles the area of forgiveness and the cost of unforgiveness.  Then, next February I have my last book with ReShonda Tate Billingsley, featuring our characters Jasmine and Rachel.  Our readers have become used to the back and forth, hilarious antics of these two.  This last book will be very different.  Though there is still humor, we deal with deception and lies that have been carried through generations.  And finally my 2015 solo project is a novel titled, Stand Your Ground.  I don't think I have to say anything else about that one, do I?





No comments:

Post a Comment