Monday, November 11, 2013

Review: Finding My Lost Soul


Finding My Lost Soul
Finding My Lost Soul by Glenell Randolph

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Lula Mae Jenkins is a young lady who at the curious age of 18 decides she is ready to leave the country living to embark on a journey to sunny California. She is tired of her dad and his rules, tired of her sister, Bernice and sick and tired of being compared to her mother. In her mind, she thinks her life would be so much better in a big city but when she gets to California, she realizes it isn't cracked up to what she thought it would be. She is pimped, abused and has no one to turn to but God.

The author does a great job of showing us when we waver we must always trust in God as he will never leave us. The book is written in a stage-play format and I did find some grammatical and spelling errors. I also feel some details were left out in Lula's life but overall, good job on your debut novel.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment